Saturday, April 17, 2010

Run forest run

Today was the half marathon. I did it. I signed up half a year ago thinking I'd pick up where i left off before ash and get back in shape. Uh... yeah... about two months ago I gave in and finally pulled out my running shoes. Not in the best of shape but I knew I could at least walk my butt across the finish line if I had to.

I actually did ok. My body wasn't as strong but I think my mind is stronger than last time I did it. Mind is half the battle. Moving your feet is one thing but telling them not to stop is another.





Here Is what I saw after a few miles... there are people filled to the end of that road. It was amazing.

I sent Tom this picture to let him know where I was:





And then a feet later was this one:




Tom sent a message to say i was going backwards. Very funny. Sadly my signs where yellow so it meant the full marathoners had gone 22 miles, and my bum had only managed ten.

Some where around twelve my mind finally gave up and I walked a bit. Brandon had texted to say he and my mom had ash at the end of thirteen. It gave me a second wind and I took off. I wanted the munchkin to see me running.

The finish line makes it all worth it. Hundreds of people cheering you down the last quarter mile.

I missed my hubby dearly. He had to work today. :( sad. We did the last one together and I missed his cute face at the end. I kept him up to date with pics along the way tho.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Proud of you babe. Love ya

Jackie said...

Wow, that's an accomplishment! Me and running don't get along very well. I'm glad you enjoyed the day! Good for you!